21 April 2013

Round Britain Rejects # 6: Answer

Before you look down below, if you want to have a go at my Round Britain Quiz-type question go to the previous post, here.

Here's the answer for those who have given up. But you have to click to get it, so it will be your choice. No one will think any the less of you for giving in. There are probably other matters in your life more worthy of attention. Choke down that sense of defeat. One click is all it takes.



 Desperate Dan's Aunt Aggie made his cow pies. Addressed more formally as Aunt Agatha, that may call to mind the relative feared by PG Wodehouse's Bertie Wooster.


Putting Bertie at the end of Burlington (as in Burlington Arcade) may suggest the music hall song which begins: "I'm Burlington Bertie, I rise at ten thirty ..."

 But if he's Bertie Bassett (as in the Mail's Fred Bassett cartoon strip) he would be made of liquorice, otherwise known as Spanish in the North of England.

I know this to be true because I read it in a Morecambe and Wise's autobiography.

What? Yes, yes, I know than Dan's aunt is more likely to be Agnes than Agatha. I only said it may call to mind the Wodehouse character, didn't I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Statcounter